Barb asks:
 A question:  What happens in three years if the Udall Bill STILL hasn't
yet been funded?  (heaven forbid it should take that long.... but "what
if?")
------snip------

Bill answered Barb,
The answer to your question is "Nothing."  However, I respectfully
submit that a much more pertinent question is "What should we be doing
now?"

What else do we have to do that holds anything like the possibility of
this thing?  It may not be a sure thing but it is a shot.  I imagine
that therewere serious scientists who had major reservations on
President Kennedy's announcement that we were going to the moon.  I
think we have at least as good a shot at this as they had at that.
-------snip------

Gail's answer to Barb,

The Udall Bill was passed saying Congress 'could' fund it...

It took 5 years of effort to get it to the 'could' phase.

IMHO if it isn't funded in the first year (now) ,

It won't have the momentum in the 2nd or 3rd year to be seriously looked
at again.

That's why THIS year is the 'do or die' year...

If it is funded this first go around, it has a better chance in being
included in year 2 and 3.

Well that's my take, from inside the Beltway,

Gail Vass