An hour goes by so quickly when discussing complex subjects like MS & PD!
They barely were able to scratch the surface of the research going on.
Taking first things first--what is MS & PD & what are the symptoms--is
necessary and as you all know even that discussion is complex.

During the call-in portion there were, I think, three care-givers and myself
who got on-air.  The cg's raised specific questions re: their personal
situations.
I was able to raise the question (not previously discussed) on the prospects
for a cure and in a follow up question ask what were the obstacles to finding
a cure and I cited Muhammed Ali & Christopher Reed in saying money was  a
major one.
Both doctors acknowledged that increased funding would help and our PD doc
brought up the lack of federal funds and briefly discussed the Udall bill's
status.

Soooooo--a little more education for some Kansas City area people this a.m.
via public radio.

Barbara Blake-Krebs  57/1985
Merriam  KS