>SO ......... GET (RE)CONNECTED AND STAY CONNECTED !!!     Hans.

Tim gave us some suggestions as to how.......I'm hoping others on the list
will contribute more ideas.

I'm wishing there were an easy way to gather info on this from medical
professionals or others who work with people in this tough situation.  There
must be many ideas that are being taught & used.............

Perhaps those of you who are involved with newsletters might want to use part
(or all) of Tim's final article on this .......... and ask for people (pts.,
health care workers, etc.) to call in or send in their ideas, then share
those.  The article Hans sent shows how important this issue
is......................         Even though I'm not yet "facing" the
necessity of coping with it, I'd love to have a bag of tricks on hand to help
make that process a positive experience for myself and others involved.

BTW, I didn't know that "Many PWP are unable to UNDERSTAND subtle changes in
facial expression, and the nuances of speech: sarcasm, ellipsis, double
entendre."  This makes sense to me if it's in the context of dementia.  Is
there more to it?  If it's part of dementia, that's a tough one.  If it's
something else, I'd think we could  come up with some ways to perk that skill
up.  ? ? ?         M.Dawn