Hi Ken,

I've been sorta "off" these days and missed some of this I suspect.

You wrote....
SNIP
 When people have to cut pills in half , when it is NOT reccommended,
to be able to afford the pills, that is just the tip of the iceberg!   I
imagine the funeral industry must love HMO's..............

Ken, the neuros here seem to often prescribe the Sinemet CR
200/50 CR here in BC. whether they are prescribing whole or half
doses.  The monograph available on the Internet at:

http://www.rxmed.com/monographs/sinemet2.html

discusses the bioavailability of 2 half tablets compared to an intact
tablet and later under dosage states "Sinemet CR 200/50 may be
administered as whole or as half tablets.  Sinemet CR 100/25 should
only be administered as whole tablets.  To maintain the controlled
release properties of the product, tablets should not be chewed or
crushed."  (If I feel the need for a quick boost, I chew half a
Sinemet CR 200/50 and feel the effects in 15 minutes) That said I'm
reasonably sure it is prolly better to take standard Sinemet if you
want the quick med.  I just don't always carry it with me but I do
always have CR.   I don't know the exact price of the 2 sizes of CR
but I think it may be cost effective to purchase 100 Sinemet CR
200/50.  (as opposed to two purchases of 100 Sinemet CR 100/25)

The bottom line here is I think it is ok to split the scored Sinemet
CR 200/50 and I don't follow where doing so is a benefit to funeral
homes.

All the best Ken and its ok ta be feisty even if ya may be just a
litttle misguided on this one........

murray