Hi Debbie (and Marling),

        I think what your mother is experiencing is what I call the "yo-yo" effect.
I have found in recent years that I typically need to take 4 or 5 25/100
sinemets daily.  If I stay on 4 for a time I begin to feel undermedicated and
may have diffculty with rigidity including problems with breathing at which
time I add the 5th sinemet.  However, after staying at 5 for a time, I may
develop both more dyskinesia and even tremor, so then I go back to four.
        My other meds remain steady, although I may vary the timing of xanax which
has helped me combat both rigidity and dyskinesia..

Barbara Blake-Krebs  57, 1984
Merriam  KS

<<My mother Joyce (68/1 year) is experiencing problems again with her

breathing. Some days are worse than others. She is on 25/100 Sinemet

3x/day, Tasmar and Requip (do not know amounts of this, as these change).

She is phasing out the Tasmar altogether.

The other day when she was finding it difficult to breathe, she said she

felt undermedicated. A few days later when it was bad again, she said she

felt overmedicated (as though it was was the agonists causing this).

Is there any way of telling whether a person is undermedicated or

overmedicated?? I realize this is a question about symptoms vs. side

effects -- we cannot decide which this is. Any thoughts? As always, thanks.

Debbie White

<<
Debbie,
I think you have asked a very interesting question. For me, whether
speaking of tremor, rigidity, or dyskinesia,  undermedicated I feel
more helpless and have less control.  Overmedicated I am frustrated
and feel more pain, but I can usually fight my way through it.  I don't
know if this makes any sense.  I will need to think some more on it,
and watch for the "experts to  post their opinions.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds 49/3
http://members.tripod.com/~marling