Martin, you are a fine person, and it shows, if only everyone were so nice! I
use a call screening ans machine, and get a lot of hang-ups, possibly they are
solicitors. My method of handling the ones that sneak through, is to be
honest, and say it is a bad time. If they are selling any kind of home
improvement service, I do it myself and what I don't do, my brother-in-law
does. That is the truth! Why get rude with a stranger, as you said they are
just trying to make a living...... I have heard people ask for the person's
home number, so they could call back, somehow that never gets a positive
response!  It does seem fair, as they called first! :-) [log in to unmask]