ATTABOY, Ivan!!!!!
   You make me want to get out there and wave banners and cheer!  But
not only that'  YOu have done far more than that, for you have got
someone to listen to you, you have done something concrete and have
achieved a reaction.  More than a reaction: somebody is responding to
your  call and doing something. And that is no mean achievement.
Back in the 6t0s and 70s, when we went on protests, and caried posters,
and sang "we shall overcome" we achieve d a result - the police came and
arrested us.  But that didn't change the society.  It is people like
you, who insist on being heard, who achieve things.  THank you Ivan, and
keep it up!
Hilary

Ivan M Suzman wrote:

> Hi Bruce--and listmembers,

 Today I
> called the legislative aides in charge of health policy for Senator Reed
> of Rhode Island, Senator Snowe of Maine and Representative Baldacci of
> Maine. I called each of them in their Washington offices.
>
>   I leaned over the speakerphone, and used every ounce of vocal cord I
> could muster.  My voice is getting slurry and soft, so I had to speak so
> loud  that I shook, just to compensate enough to be heard.

  I did not say "Udall Act" or "Udall Bill."  I said Udall LAW.