J.Eldon Green wrote:

> I was told today at a support group meeting that if you cut a sinemet CR pill
> in half you destroy the CR.  Is this true and if so where is it published?
> Eldon Green
> Tampa Bay
I don't recall exactly where, but I have seen a comment that Sinemet
CR broken in half will "kick in" sooner, have a higher peak
concentration, and a shorter half-life than when swallowed whole.
You will notice that the tablet is scored for that purpose.
All this makes sense because the rate at which any solid substance
dissolves depends upon the surface area exposed, and two halves
obviously have more surface area than a single whole tablet. The
difference between Sinemet CR and ordinary Sinemet, I suspect, is
that tablets of the former employ a different inert binder, maybe
cornstarch or some such stuff, that dissolves more slowly. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road