LISA CRUMRINE wrote:

> Hi folks,  I've nowbeen on the tasmar for about 2 months and frankly,I
> really dont see much of a difference.
> me med regime is   6am : 1 sinemet 25/100,  1 permax .25  , 1 eldepryl .5mg
> , and 1 tasmar 100 mg
>                         10 am : 1/2 sinemet 25/100, 1 permax .25,  1 tasmar 100mg
>                         1pm:    1 tasmar, 1/2 sinemet, 1 permax .25
>                         5pm:    1 tasmar, 1/2 sinemet, 1 permax .25
>                         10pm:   1 tasmar, 1 sinemet, 1 permax
>
> Sometimes I'll take an extra 1/12 sinemet if I start cramping up or shaking
> alot.  It just seems like not a big difference from life before tasmar,
> with the exception on taking slightly less sinemet.  am I doing this right,
> it seems like trying to take less sinemet does not work and the tasmar is
> not relieving the symptoms that sinemet does... I don't really have a dr
> who is very accessible, I pretty much have to figure things out as I go.
> living in the caribbean as I do.   SOOOO... I'd appreciate any feed back.
> I recently went to a neuro in puerto rico, but he didnt work out, my reg
> neuro is at emory university in atlanta, and is very busy, and only in
> there office every other odd numbered tues and even numbered weds ( or so
> it seems)  at this point a trip stateside is not an option for me.  any
> advice or web sit info that might be useful to me.
>
> thanks as always for being there, I love you guys
Dear Lisa, I started Tasmar last month and am on almost the same
dosage as you (Tasmar 100mg, 1/2 Sinemet CR 50-200, at 6,12,6,12)
and it works for me. By itself Tasmar does very little. Its main
function is to preserve the supplemental levodopa or its
derivative, dopamine, provided by medication for a longer time so
that more of it can be used in the brain. Some patients can
stretch out the dosage interval even farther, but for me the
increase from 3 hours to 6 hours is most welcome, it lets me sleep
a lot better. And for what it's worth, the amount of levodopa
medication needed is correspondingly reduced, because less of it
is wasted. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694