Barb Mallut said in part:

> When my neck hurts and becomes stiff (almost
> always simultaneously) I stop what I'm doing, go
> to my bedroom, and lie down for 20 minutes or so
> with a heating pad under my neck. Figuring that
> music-is-a-great-medicine, I turn on the bedside
> radio, grab a kitty to commune with, and RELAX.
> Barb Mallut

Heat, massage, and hot shower or a soak in a hot tub are all methods I use
for the stiff neck problem.  I have a Thermal-ease Hot - Cold Therapy
Compress that I bought in the health care dept of the grocery store which
is a 4" x 31" fleece like material that has velcro on each end and a pocket
that you can slip a microwaveable/freezable pillow of "gel" that can be
heated or cooled and slipped inside the fleece pocket to use as moist heat
or an ice pack.  Could be used on neck, knee, elbow, head.....etc. This
product is made by Madison Health Care, Inc. and the pkg. shows a phone
#1/800-870-2640 or check your pharmacy or drug counter for similar product.
 Exercise can work, too, just be careful to warm up the muscles first and
my neuro recommended an ice pack on the sore neck/area after the exercise
for a short time(5 min.).

I don't work for Madison Health Care and will not receive any $$ if you buy
a compress from them.

Jeanette Fuhr 47/8mo