I'll put in my two cents worth on Telemarkerters.  As a librarian we get
questions from our patrons as how to get off their lists.  We've found
that if you are tired of "Junk Telemarketing Phone calls" to write to:
Telephone Preference Service, P.O. Box 9014, Farmingdale, NY 11735 and
ask to be taken off the lists for telemarketing.  This usually works.
Also if your tired of getting "Junk Mail", write to: Mail Preference
Service, Direct Marketing Association, P.O. Box 9008, Farmingdale, NY
11735.

I've written to both and have had many months of no annoying phone calls
and less junk mail.  But be aware that the moment you buy something from a
catalog or over the phone your name gets put back on their list.   Hope
this helps some of you.  Sheila Chaudoin

Sheila Chaudoin                 Phone: 319-263-3065
Musser Public Library           Fax: 319-264-1033
304 Iowa Ave.                   [log in to unmask]
Muscatine, Ia  52761-3875       http://www.rbls.lib.il.us/mus/index.html