Thu, 23 Jul 1998 01:51:59 -0600 Don Diswinka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<<<< I see a chiropractor every 14 days for a vertebra problem in my neck
due to car accidents.....The regular doctors have failed in correcting any
problems with this situation as their only solution is to prescribe
muscle relaxers when I get a completely stiff neck. This medication does
not solve the stiffness at all. Not much fun turning the whole body
during 10 weeks just to turn your head in any direction. Mind you the
muscle relaxers put me in lala land.....The only relief I get is when the
chiropractor continually returns the neck vertebra off the nerve. Since
seeing a chiropractor regularly I have yet to have a stiff neck in 8 years.

Hello Don,

Reading your post, it was not clear to me:

- why do you suspect a problem chiropraxis <=> PD?
- was (were) whiplash(es) diagnosed/suspected after the accidents?
- were they treated and how?
- how long ago were these accidents?/how many accidents?
- what other medical problems did/do you have as a result of the accidents?
- how long have you been treated by the chiropractor?
- what method(s) of manipulation does he use?
- does he only treat your neck or your whole spine?/body?
- what other supplementory therapy do you get?
- does your neck only get stiff or is it also painful? If yes, where?
- were X-rays of the neck taken and what did they show?
- cervical hernia? / compressed nerves? / irradiation? and to where?
- did the relaxers reduce the pain?
- have you ever have a neck-collar (not the doggy type!)
- did it help?
- PD: left/right/both sides. Symptoms? How long PD?

You of course know the expression:
"One fool can ask more questions than ten wise men can answer!"
I think you just found him!!!  8<{)))))

Seriously Don: Any muscular problem you had before PD can team up with
PD-muscular-symptoms. The way your stiff neck should be treated depends on
many other factors. Your story is complicated by the several accidents and
the PD. A treatment eventuallt found on the internet would never be specific
enough to indicate a useful treatment of your specific problems.

Hans.