Hi,
This is one day I'm not in a hurry to relive.  We had to put our dear
sweet, beagle to sleep.   I know, I swore I'd never use phrases like
that , but euthanasia just seems too unfeeling a term for someone you
love.  She was 16 years old and suffering from congestive heart failure,
which made her suffer terribly , and incontinence, which made us suffer
terribly .....  and I know it was the best thing for her....  but still,
I mourn.
 But then, on the flip side, when I checked the mail this pm (the
ordinary, postal sort) lo and behold, there was a letter from Senator
Warner.  Nor his office, but the Senator himself. (I've never had a
letter from one of Elizabeth Taylor's exes before.)  Among other things,
he says: "You may be certain that when the FY 99 Labor, Health and Human
Services and Educations Appropriations bill comes before the Senate, I
will certainly keep them [your views] in mind."
One amazing thing.  My friend Anne, who wrote a completely different
letter to him, got the identical reply!  But that doesn't  matter. The
point is that someone in that office is aware of  our letters, and has
gone to the trouble of preparing a form letter to reply - so they are
taking note of us !
Hilary  Blue