     I've been breaking Sinemet CR 50/200 tabs in half for some
time with no ill effects. My reason is trying to deal with my
HMO. Once I began taking Requip my Sinemet dosage was first
decreased to 1 1/2 tabs a day, and now to 1/2 tab twice a day.
Each time there's a change in my medications or dosages we go
through a lengthy, aggravating battle with our HMO. Last month
they called my neuro questioning why he had prescribed both
Sinemet AND Requip. (Even though I've been on this combination
for over 6 months already.) He said he was on the phone with them
for a long time trying to explain current recommended drug
therapy, which they had a hard time understanding since it wasn't
on their "formulary." Anyway, I try to save our battles with them
for issues like this, rather than trying to have them approve a
new Sinemet prescription.

Linda Herman