Marling,
  When I was having migraines several years ago, my neuro said the cause of
migraines can be when the blood flow is restricted or when after being
restricted the blood rushes back can cause the sensation of a flood to the
area and headache.  He even said the painkillers my primary dr. was
prescribing can result in rebound headaches, ie. they prevented the pain
from the 1st migraine but by changing the blood flow pattern, caused a
subsequent headache.  He then gave me the neck/shoulder exercises, possible
dietary causes(chocolate, caffeine, tannins like from grape skins) to name
a few.  He also suggested reducing stress levels and keeping regular
sleep/wake patterns.  It seems sleeping late some mornings can cause some
people to have migraines....I don't remember why.

Jeanette Fuhr 47/8mo