hi delda [and all others of the aolian persuasion]

you wrote:
>... From what I can tell, those of us having trouble are all on AOL
>...no trouble for 15 months and suddenly 3 times in about 6 days,
>I get none of the overnight mail.  Clearly, AOL is fouling something up.

for whatever it may be worth [fwimbw]
i have had the same odd delays recently

another aol quirk [!] i have also noticed recently is that
twice in the last few days
aol has hi-jacked me while i was on line
and carried out an automatic upgrade to some aol files
[something about 'streaming' sound and video files]

i resent aol's arrogant approach
in not asking my permission

they do not charge for the extra time on line [!]
but i would have preferred to have had the choice
of when to do the upgrade

while i was thus 'trapped'
watching aol 'do its thing' for several long long minutes
the question occurred to me:

are they upgrading all of their zillions of customers this way?

if so,
could such a massive 'hi-jacking'
be part [or all] of the reason for their mail slowdown?

shot in the foot by 'friendly fire'
so to speak?

if so, i say:

humph!

your almost totally off-line [and holidaying] cyber-sis

janet

a new voice - http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
janet paterson - 51/10 - endocarb/selegiline/fluoxetine
[aka generic Sinemet / generic Eldepryl /  generic Prozac]
almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]