Gina,
Many years ago when I was taking parlodel, I developed the same sort of
blotchiness on my legs, plus extreme sensitivity to cold- prolonged
exposure to cold air caused what looked like a 'heat' rash.  It stopped
when I stopped the parlodel.  More recently, my ankles swelled up - and
that was while taking  permax. My doctor switched me to mirapex, and the
swelling went down.  But the dyskinesia went  up,
Hilary Blue
P.S.  My husband was manic depressive, and he couldn't take lithium -
because of a severe skin reaction. He took mellaril - which as a side
effect causes a tremor - for which he took artane.
My 12 year old daughter appears to have inherited the manic depressive
gene - and we have to be very careful what medication  she is given in
case she has inherited my PD = apparently the one set of medications can
have adverse effects on the other.  (What a pair of Blue genes) She was
taken off depakote recently - because of a skin rash - and put on
respardil. (I think that's how you spell it)
Hilary