In a message dated 7/23/98 2:15:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 One last thing - many support groups seem to expect a never-ending round of
 "entertainment," provided by guest speakers.  Personally, I think our members
 should be made to contribute their thoughts and feelings every once in a
while
 at a discussion and to be the "entertainment" themselves FOR themselves.
 Ergo... a group discussion is born!

 Any other suggestions for support group meetings will be VERY welcome!

 Barb Mallut

Barb,
You're right.  PWPs should interact at support group meetings.  However, it
seems to be all a case of what you get used to.  A few years back the GWM&S
(St Louis) had a couple of facilitators who, bless their hearts, tried to
entertain us every meeting.  We were starting to grumble as they did not let
us talk among ourselves and share as we were used to doing.   Fortunately,
they quit after one year.

Regards,
WHH