Thanks, Nita.  This was needed. There is a great tendency to assume that
the poor are dispensable. If they slide off the radar screen, nobody
notices or wants to notice.  I think on the grand scale of inequities the
very rich and very poor really stick out. We need a more equitable
distribution of wealth. The gap is widening and the politicians are working
to increase the gap as well.  Fund Udall, a mere pittance compared to so
many other porkbarrel projects. We need funding to increase the quality of
life generally (Science (I am including medicine), arts, improving
environmental conditions, for example).
K-F

Nita Andres <[log in to unmask]> on 07/24/98 03:46:11 PM

Please respond to "Parkinson's Information Exchange"