Linda, every time I see situations like this, I go crazy. What right does the
HMO have to second guess a doctor? If they were running an airline would they
let an accountant tell the trained mechanics how to save money by not doing
maintenance, or using cheaper parts? Unfortunately, that's probably exactly
what they would do!
I urge anyone who can avoid using an HMO, to do so. I also think we need
better laws to protect us from "bean counters" controlling our medical
treatment. I always thought the doctor-patient relationship was private!?? I
wonder, do HMO's exist in countries other than the USA?  I would hope not! I
belong to a PPO, which is not wonderful either, but at least I can go to
outside doctors if I want to pay a higher co-payment, and deductible. I wonder
how much pain, discomfort, and mental anguish is caused by these Horribly
Managed Organizations? Are there any lawyers who would care to get involved?
(Am I starting trouble here?...GOOD!) [log in to unmask]