In reading the past few days worth of digest it appears that
summer heat is getting to a few people. Folks, we're all in
this together. There is no "them" and "us" and "that group
over there." For the most part, we all have PD, we all want
a cure, we are all frustrated.

I'm not gonna' stand up and say, "Can't we all just get
along?" Nope, I'm going to sit down to say it because I'm
having a hard time standing up right now.

I would like to think that we each respect the other
person's opinion, that we can share and laugh and even cry
together. I would hope that we realize bitter words can do
more than hurt, they can leave someone who really needs this
list with a feeling that they are not wanted, and that isn't
right.

We all need this list. This is our home, our sanctuary
against the endless ills of our world. To many this is the
kitchen table, the bedroom, the only family we have.

Sure we have different opinions, and families have fights,
but the similarity ends there - at some point the computer
is turned off. If we leave those who are hurt by bitter
words with a darken monitor and an empty heart, how much
good did your "proving a point" really do?

And does it really make you feel better about yourself?

I can hear someone thinking, "Where the hell does he get off
acting like the group psychologist?" If you really feel that
way, email me directly. Your anger doesn't do anything
positive for the group and the group is, after all, for
support.

BTW, 88 people in Texas are dead because of this heat spell.
I know of one man who lived alone in a trailer in Dallas
with a broken AC who died from the heat. Less well known is
the fact that he had PD and couldn't get out. A $15 fan
might have kept him alive. Fifteen dollars.

I last summer visited a little 5 year old girl in Galveston
with AIDS who died two days later. I don't think she wanted
to die. I spent three years with someone who I considered
the most wonderful person in the world, and I watched her
die from cancer as I held her hand. She would have liked for
the government to fund a cure before she died. I would have
like that, too, far more than I would have liked a cure for
PD. With a cure for cancer, we would still be together.

PD is bad, but so are a lot of other diseases. I hope I
never believe that my life is more important than the life
of someone else.

Complaints about this post can be directed to
--
The Official PWP Dumpster Gang Hideout
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/