On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Jerry Finch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>In reading the past few days worth of digest it appears that
>summer heat is getting to a few people. Folks, we're all in
>this together. There is no "them" and "us" and "that group
>over there." For the most part, we all have PD, we all want
>a cure, we are all frustrated.
>Snip
Jerry,
        well said.  If you really get steamed, sit down and write a full of
condemnation, bitter, acrimonious letter, read it, then hit the 'DELETE' key.
We don't need it.
I guess we humans don't have the market cornered when it comes to casting out
the 'tainted'.  Looking out of my 'office' window, I have a large pond a few
hundred yards away.  For the last week, a Canada Goose missing half of one leg
has been in residence. My five dogmatic geese won't allow it to join them.  When
other Canada Geese drop in, they will not let it near.  Mallards ignore it.
When ever I look out the window, it's alone.
I feed the domestic geese twice a day.  I keep some grain and poultry food, get
as close to the 'outsider' as I can, dump it, then retreat and stand guard to
prevent the others from attacking it.  The distance I have to retreat, lessens
daily.  Hopefully it will get to the point I can catch it and take it to a Vet.
What hs this to do with PD.  Absolutely nothing!  But how many of us can say we
haven't experienced the withdrawal, the discomfort of 'well' people when exposed
to one of our little tremor attacks, our inability to jump out of the car or
bus?  We are then the 'tainted'.
We cannot change the attitude on the 'well' but surely we don't have to attack
our fellow PWP.

Joe Young (66/6)