In a message dated 7/24/98 8:26:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< dignity and respect.
 > I'm sure with some budget tweeking there would be more than enough money
for
 > all. It is just too bad that so >>

Dear All,

Although we may  feel that way, we are no more  "beggars" than  "Patriots".
While I don't feel like either, both are at least equally valid.

The point is that very soon after a cure is found, the government begins
saving an incredible amount of money.
A lesser but still significant (breakthrough) treatment ** will save a lesser
amount.

Unless it requires repeated,. very expensive procedures, it too will be cost
effective.

We know that PD costs the economy a whopping $25 billion a year.

To be conservative about it, lets assume that 20 % of that total  is what the
US Governments puts  out yearly.  That is  still  an incredible 5 billion
dollars a year or  16+ million a day.  That friends , buys a lot of fans or
even aircraft carriers

If so, it then follows that NOT funding the Mo is unacceptable in dollar
terms.  we must not forget that.

Funding the Mo is fiscally sound and we do not have to apologize that it also
cures our disease.

** Such a treatment might preserve year two Sinemet performance for say twenty
years.

Regards,
WHH