> Ken, the neuros here seem to often prescribe the Sinemet CR
> 200/50 CR here in BC. whether they are prescribing whole or half
> doses.  The monograph available on the Internet at:
>
> http://www.rxmed.com/monographs/sinemet2.html
>
> discusses the bioavailability of 2 half tablets compared to an intact
> tablet and later under dosage states "Sinemet CR 200/50 may be
> administered as whole or as half tablets.  Sinemet CR 100/25 should
> only be administered as whole tablets.  To maintain the controlled
> release properties of the product, tablets should not be chewed or
> crushed."  I'm
> reasonably sure it is prolly better to take standard Sinemet if you
> want the quick med.

I finally enter the argument as I am totally confused.  About a month
ago my doctor finally changed my Sinemet regimen from regulars to CR.  I
have almost doubled my requirement for Sinemet over the last year or so,
and I was taking a quarter of a 25/100  every 45 minutes.  At this last
visit she told me to try half of a 25/100CR every  hour and a half to
two hours.  And lo and behold it helps. Now, if I had done that with
reguolar Sinemet i would have been spending 40 minute frantically
dyskinetic, 10 minutes sort of functional and 40 minutes wading through
glue.  With the CR, I have a longer period of being able to function,
and the dyskinesia is not quite so violent. It's hardly perfect, but it
is an improvement.
By the wway,my friend Anne was told by her doctor also to halve 25/100CR
and she phoned the manufacturer who told her it was okay!
Why don'they just make a lower dose CR? I have been taking Sinemet for
16 years now and am extremely sensitive.  And if I exist, there must be
more out there like me.
Hilary Blue