Ken, personally I think we ought to HMOize the Funeral Industry and thus at
least put living on an even keel with dying!  (he said, tongue in cheek)

I think what Ken was expressing (if I may be so bold, Ken) was just general
indignation and disgust at that sorry excuse for an industry, the HMOs.
Someone recently here had those three infamous letters standing for 3 more
appropriate words - we could have a contest.

Except, shortly, we are not going to need one because no one is going to
have any serious complaints!!  They have taken such advantage of people that
they are going  to become a FEDERALLY REGULATED INDUSTRY, something you
would wish only on your worst enemies.  They are DONE deliberately killing
people to increase profits.  And if you have watched or read any of the
testimony you would have seen how true this accusation is.

  To be fair, it has developed into a price-sensitive business where keeping
costs LOW has become paramount to staying competitive.  Now that they all
will be required to provide certain levels of care hey should be able to
boost their prices to pay for it. (Is it a more basic problem that advances
in medical science are outpacing society's ability to pay for them?)

The issue being debated now is our right to sue 'em.  The Dems want it, I
think because most  lawyers who sue are Dems!  The GOP thinks all the
in-your-face regulation, and arbitration, I think it is, will be enough.

Not a fan of big government but here's a good use of it.  THEY ASKED FOR IT.

Most of us have not had bad experiences with HMOs, but you should have heard
the stories.  However, none was from PWP that I heard.  We PWP should get
out (from Udall) once in awhile!