I received a letter from NPF, Miami Florida signed by Nathan Slewett,
Chairman of the Board.  The letter told of the 52 Centers of Excellence in
US and worldwide, international conferences, etc. and said if I wanted to
continue getting the newsletter, would I please become a NPF member with a
PS mentioning that with so much to do during the second half of 1998, could
I please send the membership contribution this week, or by Monday at the
latest?

My question is:  What is NPF needing to do during the second half of
1998(No mention was made of lobbying for Udall bill funding)?

I believe I did send a membership contribution to NPF sometime after my
Nov. 1997 diagnosis.  That is probably why I get a NPF newsletter and why
my name is on their mailing list.  I also get a newsletter from the area
research center group which I believe is associated with the national group
with information from patients, doctors, pwp, pharmaceutical companies in
the newsletter.  Does membership in the NPF automatically make me a member
in the area group also and put me on a mailing list for that newsletter,
too?

I hope someone on NPF staff may read this list or one of the list members
may have answers for me,  Thanks for helping answer these questions.

Jeanette Fuhr