Phil Tompkins wrote:
> 1.  This is a side-effect you don't read of in the monographs.  I
> haven't seen this discusssed on the list either, nor do I believe
> that neurologists mention this to their patients.  Why? Wouldn't you
> want to know all the risks?  Is levodopa toxicity being kept a
> secret, or is not enough known about it to say for sure that it is a
> real problem?

It's a long-standing unsettled debate among researchers. Very briefly,
effects on cultured cells in a petri dish don't seem to agree with
numerous clinical findings. I've reviewed a number of research papers
on the subject in the monthly Current Science Reviews that appears
here. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694