Abstract Reviews- AAN 50th Annual Meeting           27 Jul 98
Big scientific societies hold annual meetings where thousands of
members attend and hundreds of research papers are presented-
usually several months before they appear in print, if at all.
Last week I found time to scan abstracts of papers given at the
American Academy of Neurology 50th annual meeting in April 1998,
in Neurology, Volume 50, Supplement 4. Only abstracts are shown,
and it's still the size of a city phone book. Of those, I picked
45 having possible relevance to PD and listed my capsule review
of each in a file that runs to about 3-1/2 pages. Some may be
new and exciting info, some not; I don't try to select. Since
my monthly Current Science Reviews and their Index already
amount to a big load on the Parkinsn digest, I hesitate to post
this big file as well, unless enough members want it. So if you
want to see this batch of reviews, you must TELL me so by e-mail.
I'll send it to individuals, unless the number of requests makes
it burdensome; in that case I'll post the file on the digest for
everyone (after a week or so). If you don't see it there, you'll
know I responded only to individual requests. I hope this scheme
suits everybody. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694