Dear friends: I must admit that I'm somewhat terrified to send this
letter to you all!  I'm not all that "computer-literate" &  I would hate
to think that by my posting, I would cause any computer woes for anyone.
Also, I'm afraid to incur any  ill feeling because someone doesn't like
what I say. I'm not defensive or paranoid-just testing the waters!
Anyway, to Hilary's friend Anne; please tell her that, as far as I'm
concerned, the emotional upheaval & sleep deprivation are two
of my least-favorite things about this ride! One day, at a Tupperware
party (of all
places!), I lost it & cried in front of all my friends for over two
hours. The party was pretty much forgotten as I began blubbering & then
I got mad because I couldn't stop crying so they had to watch me cry &
rant about being sick & tired go being sick & tired, & how I hated
taking pills all day & I was sick of being a saint & that I hated having
PD & I was sick of everybody being so nice to me but looking at me with
those sad, helpless eyes! Naturally, I hadn't gotten any sleep the night
before, but when it was over, I felt 1,000% better (albeit,
embarrassed);
it had been a learning experience for all of us & we were all closer
than ever...
except for one little pregnant gal who was someone's friend from out of
town-she
may be scared of Tupperware for along time! I think that it's a
combination of the disease/stress, the damn drugs, your own mindset &
the sleep-thang! Most days, I can handle anything PD throws at me...on a
few, I get weepy if somebody asks me how I'm doin'! Please tell Anne
that she can write to me if she thinks it would help to know somebody
who understands! My best regards to you all, Joan(47/8)