You asked:
"Does anybody find that their ability to control an
emotional response to a stressful situation has been
impaired.  Faced with a stressful
situation a year ago, her body responded physically.  eg
increased pulse
rate and blood pressure.  A similar situation this week
caused a more
psychological reaction - she became very tense, even weepy -
but her
pulse didn't change, and her heart didn't react ( she has
had heart
problems in the  past)"

I respond:
Just like Heitman, I absolutely lose control in a stressful
situation. The tremors multiply about ten-fold IF I have to
hold back and not take action. That's the amazing part -
When my daughter was training a 3 year mare she was bucked
off and had a hard time getting up. She was okay, but you
would never expect an old Parkie like me to run across that
pasture the way I did. No stumbles, no shuffle, just pure
action.

And, again like Bill, crying comes far too easy. Understand
that I am one bad, mean SOB. I drink beer by taking a bit
out of the can. Macho. A manly man. So it gets rather
embarrassing at times, like during an AT&T commercial
(father hugging daughter as she goes off to school), while
watching Oprah, listening to certain music. Little things
set me off real easy.

It's to be expected, I think. The "why" is totally unknown
to me and I haven't seen it discussed here to any great
extent. It would make a good study to determine if the
emotional sensitivity is due in some way to the physiology
of Parkinson's or the side effects of Sinemet.

You asked:
"She also asks if anybody has found increased sleep
disturbances as a
result of taking just sinemet?"

I replied:
That is a topic of a LOT of discussion here. A good, solid
sleep is something most PWPers only have memories of. For
whatever reason, most of us are up and down several times a
night, be it because of a full bladder or because our eyes
pop open at 3am and we're wide awake.

Turning in bed can be a slow process for a Parkie, resulting
in becoming more awake than necessary (use silk sheets).
Trying to get out of bed at 3am can be a real scream, also.
A chair placed next to the bed can usually give the support
necessary.

The things you mention that Anne experiences are all normal,
just part of the flow. Get her a computer for Christmas, let
her join the list. This is a wonderful support group and
we'd love to have her.

--
The Official PWP Dumpster Gang Hideout
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/