Hilary:  Just to add to Hans' comments...  Right after the NIH study
(Polymeropoulos et al) came out a year ago, we conducted tests on DNA from
more than 100 young onset PD patients (we have a pretty extensive tissue
bank!) and found that a-synuclein missense, the mutation that NIH
identified  in the Contursi kindred, was NOT present in ANY of the samples.
  Since that time, the same mutation has been confirmed in 2 or 3 (?)
families of Greek origin, but not in any other family.  It's very highly
unlikely that your daughter is carrying a PD gene...

Carole Cassidy