Hi, Marianne:

I'm not from Sweden nor even a PD patient who has been treated there, but I
do have a little information to share.  We have been collaborating with
researchers and clinicians at Lund University and at the Karolinska
Institute in Stockholm for many years:  Anders Bjorkland, Hakan Widner and
Anne Marie Jansen to name the most prominent.  From all I have every heard,
they are excellent.  When the "Frozen Addicts" of the early 80s were being
treated, we flew three of them to Sweden for fetal cell transplants, which
were not being done here in the U.S. at all at that time.  All received
significant benefits from the transplants.  More recently, one of our
patients who lives in Florida, flew to Sweden for a pallidotomy with Lauri
Latinen; he was also seen by Aki Seiger there.  I can't give you our
patient's name without his permission, but will be glad to call him and ask
if he will contact you.  Just let me know where to reach you...

Carole Cassidy