Date:           Tue., 21 Jul 1998
From:           Geo. Robbins <[log in to unmask]

There is good news for people who have Parkinson's  Disease. It is a card
called
"Medical Alert" which  is  designed  to  properly  identify a person  with
Parkin-
son's Disease. The card is a "tri-fold"style card which measures 3 1/2"x 2".
Below is an example of what the front of the card look alike:

MEDICAL  ALERT
               I have a condition called
PARKINSON"S  DISEASE
which makes me slow and
               sometimes I cannot
              stand up or speak
               I AM NOT INTOXICATED
                Please call my family or physician for help

There is also a warning on the card which  reads,   "The  majority of
medications
prescribed  for  the treatment of Parkinson's Disease  are  compatible  with
other
prescription drugs.     However,   there are a few medications which may alter
the
action of Sinemet or its generic carbidopa-levodoa.   If  medications are
incomp-
patible, an  increase  in  Parkinson's  symptoms  may occur.  Please discuss
with
your physician the possibility of drug incompatibilty if one  of  these
medications
have been prescribed.   A copy of this should also be made available in the
event
of  hospitazation."

On the reverse side of the card, there is place for your name, address, person
to call,  physician name and other medical conditions. There is a list of
brand names and generic named drugs that have an adverse      This "Medical
Alert card" just might save your life!  The Medical Alert card is available
from:

        National Parkinson's Foundation
        1501 N W 9th Ave: Bob Hope Road
        Miami, Fl 33136-1494
        Toll Free 1-800-327-4545

I thought some of your might be interested

Geo. Robbins