Hi Barb and List,

  The 3500 PWP's estimate is from the APDA, and from my State Senator's
research with the APDA.
Add to the 3500 PWP's approximately  6 family or paid caregivers for each
PWP.  That is 3500 x 6 , or 21,000 caregivers per Congressional district.

  Add 3500 and 21,000, and you get 24,500 people per Congressional
District.

  So there it is.  WE seem to have approximately 25,000 persons DIRECTLY
AFFECTED BY PARKINSON'S ON A DAILY BASIS in each Cong. District.

  There are 435 Districts in the United States. 24,500 people x 435 =
10,657,500 persons in the USA affected EVERY DAY by Parkinson's Disease!!

  The 3500 per district is derived form the cautious (UNDER-) estimate of
1.5 million PWP's in the USA that both the NPF and the APDA use
currently..

  If the REAL figure, including not-yet-diagnosed PWP's, and those in
denial and therefore not seeking treatment, is closer to 3 million, the
10,657,500 people might be more truly something like 20,000,000 affected
DAILY in the USA.

  10,000,000 is a HUGE number of people.  So, let's start acting like the
politicians are RESPONSIBLE to help us--and be more ASSERTIVE.

  Barb, is how I derived the numbers I use--and I feel they are NOT an
overestimate.

  Thanks for asking about the numbers I use and how I figured them out.

  Comments,  or ideas on how to translate these numbers, and potential
VOTES, into POLITICAL POWER, anyone?

Ivan "the gadfly"

P.S.  I like the way you're thinking, too!!

^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     63    deg. Fexpecting 90 deg.
today