> We plan to present our findings and
>suggestions to the national PD organizations, the National Center
>for Health Statistics,and other sources of potentially
>significant data, such as pharmacies, manufacturers of Parkinson
>medication, insurance companies, HMOs, etc. In preparation for
>this, we welcome ANY of your opinions, suggestions or comments.
>You can find the report in an easily readable format on the
>Parkinson's Alliance Web site: http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/
>
>     The statistical sources we examined often seem to ignore the
>existence of PD as a major chronic, disabling disease. Other
>sources only provide estimates which range from 500,000 to 1.5
>million, or even higher. This lack of precise data on the
>prevalence of PD could weaken our arguments for increased
>research funding. It also hurts our credibility when different
>organizations cite such divergent numbers. Additionally, the
>absence of official statistics on PD adds to our "invisibility."

i find this message which is an attempt to help by bringing information to
the discussion juxtaposed to several emails from Ivan that seem childish in
that his method of getting pie is to be a nuisance until he gets some.

my experience in dealing with my pet peeves with our centralized federal
government which has become anything but dedicated to the proposition that
all are to be treated equitably under the law.

even the law is not equitable.  money is power and money talks the loudest
in the sacred  halls of Congress - except for the non-sane discharging his
38.

my comment on the report is that it has little chance of helping gain
appropriation of the exact wording of the Udall Act. it might be best used
by printing 600 copies and getting some news coverage on TV of the personal
delivery of one each to 435 Congress-persons, 100 Senators, and several to
the White House and get C-SPAN to bring up the PAN website and the report
beginning and a chart on their screen as part of getting one of PAN
activists as a guest one morning.

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter