Bruce Anderson wrote:

> ... a lot of this looks like hysteria hyped by people looking to
> make a buck.

Some. Also, outside the computer field, some investors are seeking
ways to take advantage of "opportunities", and some business people
are looking for ways to put competitors out of business. In another
era we had war profiteering.  But balance this against the tremendous
quantity of Y2K information and even software being provided gratis.
For an example of the latter for PC fixes, see, e.g.,
www.onmark.viasoft.com/fix-it/.

On my idea of possibly getting more pills prescribed than you need,
this is a last resort.  I do not advocate doing this at the expense
of availabilty to others, creating shortages or blackmarketeering.

Correction to my post:  www.rx2000.com should be www.rx2000.org.

Add as info sources:  www.year2000.com www.yourdon.com

Phil