In a message dated 7/27/98 8:49:56 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<  I signed onto this list hoping to
 find out any information anyone might have on Pallidotomies.    Two
 questions would be, where is the best facility to have it done and how
 long does an individual benefit from the procedure?
 I truly appreciate any help anyone can give me and my mother. >>

Hello Sue,

You have come to the right place.  I can direct you to my personal story.
Although I had what remains today as the very best pallidotomy team and some
good results, this shows the bad also.

http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/medical/palheit/palheit.htm

in addition try:

http://neuro-chief-
e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/Surgery/APDANsSp95.html

http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/Surgery/surgical.html

http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/Surgery/Neuro95.html

There are also stories of others on the list.
I'm sorry, but I must have corrupted my link to them because I keep getting
error messages instead of pallidotomy stories.  With patience, it might be
possible to use my story as a route to them.
Good luck and God bless.
Regards,
WHH 54/18