Ida,

    >Does a plan like this about the conquering of parkinson exist? If yes,
why don't we all know that plan? If no, why doesn't it exist?
    >Might it be that those solid plans simply do not yet exist?
    Your questions go right to the heart of the matter (though I doubt you
will win a popularity contest for raising them).  Nothing I have seen, read
or heard convinces me that the "cure" is in fact imminent.  Researchers
speak of breakthroughs within 5 years and of "very promising lines of
enquiry" but nowhere that I am aware of is anyone saying "this is it" or
even "I'm pretty sure this is it".
    Lead times for making new drugs generally available are so long that
even if the cure were found today it will be years before we get to benefit.
In the meantime we need to make the best use we can of those advances that
are made and whatever personal resources (both spiritual and temporal) we
may have.  In another thread there is a discussion going on the movie
"Saving Pvt Ryan"  (which sounds great - can't wait to see it).  Perhaps
another movie we should all consider is "As Good As It Gets" where the
message is do what you can to treat your condition and then get on with your
life.
    Dennis.
    Dennis Greene 48/11
    http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/