Ana, I agree with your statement...to a point. The problem is that there will
always be some people who will slip throught the cracks and not be able to
prosper, or possibly even survive,  without help from somewhere. In large
families, often there are enough providers to support the low-achievers, but
what about orphans, or offspring of broken homes? If there are people who have
time, and don't need to work to support themselves, how nice that they are
willing to build homes for the poor! I salute Pres. Carter and anyone else who
does that.  I would always rather be a giver than a taker, but not everyone
has that option. Senator Glenn,  deserves a lot of respect for going back to
space at his age. [log in to unmask]