Folks,

I'm teaching a graduate seminar in Professional Writing Theory at Purdue
this fall. One of the first issues I want to look at in the seminar is the
question of how to define "Professional Writing." As grist for the mill, I
thought I'd ask a number of people in the field to define what they mean
by the term.  I wonder whether you'd like to venture taking a stab at
describing in a sentence or two (or three or four) what "Professional
Writing" means, as you see it?  Thanks a lot.  I'll be happy to share the
results of the exercise with you.

Apologies to anyone receiving multiple copies of this message.

Graham

**********************************
Graham Smart
Assistant Professor