Gina,

I'm an Engineer, and we (especially me) are notorious for our bad
spelling and writing. I find that since the computer age came in (I'm
from the old school of sliderules, manual typewriters, mimeograph
machines, etc.), my spelling has improved (and hopefully my
grammar-which my machine checks also if I request it). I attribute this
to seeing very quickly and easily the errors, and learning from them. I
believe "Spell Checkers" can teach, but we have to be willing to learn.
One thing though, it hasn't done a thing for my Arkansas (hate to admit
that's where I'm from) accent. By the way, we don't want him back when
Washington is through with him.

Darwin