Ken Rowland wrote:

> I'm just a little weary of you prophets of doom proclaiming the
> apocalypse with all computers coming to a grinding halt at
> 01/01/2000 00:00:00.

I'm curious.  Who said this?  Have you been reading Gary North?

> I've been a professional programmer for 38 years

So you must be familiar with software projects that miss their target
dates, Murphy's law, etc.

> and I'm here to say the problem is over blown.

What do you make of the testimony of Harris N. Miller, President
Information Technology Association of America before the House Small
Business Committee, 7-15-98?  See www.itaa.org.

> Sure there are programs that perform arithmetic on 2-digit years
> and sure, some won't get fixed

How many programs have you written that won't work in 2000 and that
still run today?  What business functions to they perform?

> stopping the supply of prescription drugs is a flight of fancy.

Someone needs to ask what the expected impact will be.  We have no
information yet from the pharmaceutical industry and their suppliers
and distributors regarding Y2K readiness.  Can you provide any?

Bob Anibal wrote:

> I checked with some people I know in the drug business and
> was told  - yes there is a problem but people will get
> their medications.

Thanks for looking into this. It would be nice if you could give a
little more detail.  Who did you check with?  What is their position?
What are they in a position to know?  What problem?

Here are I believe the current manufacturers or suppliers of sinemet,
according to a monograph on sinemet I found on-line at
www.rxlist.com.

Aligen Independ
Athena
Dupont Pharma
Endo Labs
Geneva Pharms
Glasgow Pharm
Goldline Labs
H.C.F.A. F F P
Harber Pharm
HL Moore Drug Exch
Major Pharms
Purepac Pharm
Qualitest Pharms
Rugby
Schein Pharm
Teva
UDL
United Res
Vangard Labs
West Point Pharma

Does anyone have any info on what these companies's status is re
their Y2K projects?

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9