Dear Marianne and Gina,

I do had back pain so bad I ended up at the hospital.  I was sure I had a
kidney stone, but the doctor didn't find one.  This happened a year prior
to my diagnosis.
Makes you wonder huh?

I have had a lot of leg cramps, but not as many since I started taking
parlodel. Don't know that it helped anything else, but it did help that.

Hope you feel better...

Other topics of Interest to Me tonight.

1.  I gave my little Pomeranian salt to make her throw up when we thought
she had eaten my son's Dilatin and Phenobarbytol tablets he was taking for
his Epilepsy.
I called the vet and he told me what to do.  Two tablespoons of salt in
about 1/4 cup of water.  It worked and I felt terrible when we found the
pills with teethmarks under a throw rug. She hadn't taken them afterall,
but had picked them up in her mouth off the table and dropped them near the
rug on the floor. She still loved me.  She lived to be 13 1/2 and died of
heart failure. We had her on Lasix, but it didn't help enough...

2. I think my PD started about 12 years before I was diagnosed.  That was
when I first noticed problems with movement.  I thought it was my age,
only 47 at the time.  I was coaching a girls basketball team.  Hands just
wouldn't do what I wanted them to or my feet and legs either.  Should have
been a clue that something was wrong.

But I have to thank God I was lucky it didn't progressively get worse from
that point on.  It was several more years before I really noticed problems
with my hands and feet and then thought it was Carpal tunnel and Tarsal
tunnel syndromes.  I was also having stiffness in my back for years prior
to diagnoses, but thought it was an inherited defect that caused it.  So,
now I know it wasn't all in my genes or in my mind either.

How much of a problem is depression?  I haven't had a lot of it so far
except for being depressed with the life sentence I was handed when I found
out what I had.

I have appointment with my Neurologist on the 15th and hope to get more
meds to relieve some of my stiffness and also discuss exercise and the
possibility of seeing a movement disabilities expert.  My Neuro comes to
our little town one Saturday out of each month.

I am enjoying being a part of this group.. Some of you are such hard
workers for our cause I applaud you all.

Sincerely,
Ellen 61/2
When you think you are a person of some importance,
try ordering someone else's dog around.