Bruce Anderson wrote:

> We elect a Congress and a President to take care of
> certain things without our daily hands-on supervision.

It's these guys we need to keep tabs on. Whose interests do they
respond to?

> How many "issues" can I be expected to get worked up over?  My
> plate is overflowing & the edges are beginning to turn downward my
> life is so complicated, as are most peoples'.  At some point you
> HAVE to let someone else do it.  In this case it's also a great test
> on how well they handle a crisis!

I wouldn't want to make this the test case.

> As for meds, there are enough people out there for whom death is
> one or 2 missing pills away that make PWP's needs minor. THEY will
> make sure it gets fixed.

Well I hope you're right.  But I haven't seen evidence of it yet. I'm
sure Sandoz, DuPont etc. are aware of the problem and are working on
it.  The need to stay in business is a big driving force. But there
are many other links in the chain betweeen there and the local
pharmacy, I'm wondering how it will all fit together. So many
organizations are starting so late that they won't all finish in
time, and they don't want to reveal what their project status is. I
see talk of contingency planning.

I just found the web page of the wholesale drugs association.
www.nwda.org.  They have no mention of Y2K, but there is an e-mail
address for each of several issues.  I'll try to see what I can get
from them.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9