Milton,  yes! more please!! Took my first bad one tonight (drew a little
blood, and broke a 3 hour old pair of $16 drug store reading glasses).  Fell
on a very slight downslope on my macadam driveway.  My body just got away
from my feet and my landing was definitely of the millisecond variety.

Bruce Anderson

A good example would be to roll during the fall so as to land rolling and
dissipate the falls energy to move the body sideways over a period of time
(seconds) rather than use it up crushing flesh between bones and pavement
instantly (milliseconds).