Dear Jacob: I understand your anger & it is important to get mad and to
vent that anger especially here, where people understand & care. Age 27
is a terrible age to receive that life sentence. Life is unfair and it
stinks and hey...that's life. I would urge you to feel this anger &
somehow, twist it and turn it into something positive. My 10 yr. old
daughter gets mad at God for giving her mom this awful disease and then
gets mad at me accepting it-but what else can I do. I have raged against
heaven in the name of all that is fair & just, but I just got a headache
& worse tremors. When I let go of my anger (I didn't forget it or
minimualize it), I was able to see that anger would get me nowhere. I
was able to understand that
while I hadn't been to church in 15 years (my arrested adolescence
years), I couldn't handle this by myself; I needed help. I don't know if
you even believe in God, but now would be a good time to sort all of
that out and to ask some higher power to help you to come to some sort
of peace with this hand you've been dealt. PD isn't easy & it isn't for
everybody-but it is for you and it is for me & for
thousands of others out there who will be glad to swap stories of
opporunitities lost & dreams shattered; but don't allow yourself the
luxury of wallowing in it. It's time to confront your anger and to let
it become something worthwhile & noble. I wish for you courage and peace
("...and ya know it don't come easy").
Sincerely,  Joan (47/8)