Dear Jacob,

When I joined this list over two years ago, you were in a very angry stage.
My first reaction to your postings was, "Jacob must be a bitter, crotchety old
man."  I was amazed to learn that you were in your 20's, the same age as my
youngest son.

  Since that time, I have read your postings with interest. I have been
impressed with your growth in maturity and sensitivity.  I even recall a
message you sent to the list stating the lessons you learned by having PD.
That is why I am concerned about your change in attitude.  Please talk to your
doctor about your meds and see if you are getting into a state of depression.
I know you have been suicidal in the past and I am worried about you.

I understand your frustration with the slowness of the process, but surely we
are on the brink of new discoveries in the treatment and cure of PD.  We are
all frustrated .  We are all angry.  Don't turn that anger and frustration
inward.  Use it to write letters to your local papers, call your congressmen
re the Udall Bill.  Don't let PD defeat you.  You are stronger than that.  You
are better than that.

You influence others....like me...who have been pulling for you all this time,
though you never even knew it.

Mary Sheehan