My husband has been recieving acupuncture for several weeks now for lower
back and leg pain and it has helped substantially.  Our HMO does not pay for
these treatments which if they need to be continued for any length of time
will put a definite crimp in our budget.

My daughter's brother-in-law in Florida who is a Physical Therapist told her
that he was surprised because they were led to believe that Calif. was quite
linient with their payments for acupuncture.  He said for us to investigate
what other HMOs do about it, get the Dr. to prescribe it and then ask our
HMO why they can't also pay for it. Has anybody had any experience with HMOs
and acupuncture in California or happen to know anything about it?

Thanks.  Rosemary cg for Dex 74/5