Dear Parkinson's Community,

Bob Dolezal has done all of us a great service.  He has cut through the
bull---- fed to Congress by the NIH, and has shown us how we in the  PD
Community are being screwed over and screwed over and screwed over by
hype, distortion and false NIH reporting of so-called "Parkinson's"
research dollars.

Personally, it looks like I am going to be in the DC area for Rosh
Hashanah  (Jewish New Year's) from September 20 through 22. I have NO
hesitation about participating in a PWP(Persons with Parkinson's)-led
nonviolent protest, picket, prayer vigil, rally, gathering or sit-in at
the Capitol!

What about a PD  gathering at the Capitol rotunda in Washington, DC, ,
from Monday September 21 through Sunday September 27th, the day of the
Parkinson's Unity Walk in New York City??

 A sit-in  and prayer vigil would be easiest--all I have to do is wait
for an off-state (low dopamine) to hit me, and I HAVE to sit down,
because I can't walk a single step further without falling down!

Mahatma Ghandi, Vietnam War resisters, Muhammad Ali, Nelson Mandela, and
thousands of AIDS activists have staged successful nonviolent
protests--so why not PWP's in numbers, and their CG's?

I agree with everything you said, Bob.  The Americans With Disabilities
Act was only passed when PWD's (Persons with Disabilities) BLOCKED
Congressional offices with their wheelchairs.

If Ken Aidekman,  Jacob Drollinger , Gina, Marling McReynolds, Don
McKinley, Maryhelen Davila,  Greg Leeman, Helen Mason, and you and I,
George Lussier, Judith Richards and Dale Severance, and others could
sit-in, maybe THEN we would get the Udall money.  And Barb Mallut.  And
thousands more of us....

I am so scared that the Udall funding will NEVER happen.  We are still
nearly invisible. I'm afraid to face the facts--we are still but a
whisper.  WAITING for Congress is overemphasized and is NOT enough for
me....we must be much more VISIBLE.

IVAN

^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     58    deg. F