The sky is not falling, but I have begun to make it a point to ask every
financial and medical source that we deal with if they are prepared for
managing year 2000. This accomplishes two things:

 1. They are made aware of the problem if this is news to them. And it
    tells them their customers have a valid concern.

 2. I can change our affairs from slaggards to more savvy providers.

This is a world-wide problem and not every medical, trading or financial
partner is up to speed. Concern yes, paranoia? not yet. My husband does
not need the stress of wondering if our assets will vanish, or if our
doctor's newly computerized records will evaporate.

Martha (CG for Neal, 78/13)